Manavedan School is the government run school that poor families can send their children to for free. They provide a free lunch of rice and veg curry. The kids do not go hungry at school.
On the second day of training I got a chance to walk about the campus just a bit and it was better than I had imagined from the previous year's blogs. Comments on this days training...if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all. Lol. The Sadgamaya staff was wonderful and we met some very nice people in the orientation process.
We had our orientation in the building directly above which is one of the few buildings on campus with electricity. It is actually the space used for the physically challenged students of the Manavedan School.
After today's session we were taken to the Teak Museum. Nilambur is famous for it's teak production and also students from all over India come to study some of the plants in the Teak Museums gardens. We were very fortunate to get a late tour. It was very hot and I just knew the museum would be air conditioned...wrong. I was sweating like a hooker in church but it was still very nice.
The above painting hangs in the museum it is a picture of Connelly being carried across the river by Indian workers. I can tell you this if it was Alesha that had to carry him he would have been wet.
The inside of the museum was nice but the gardens were awesome. It was filled with butterflies. There were bushes and bushes of them. Every time I came over with the camera they would fly off. I was bummed but I got some nice pictures of the flowers that I knew my mother would love.
Truly, truly lovely. It was hot as monkey balls but it was beautiful.
Sweaty & curly..


Hello, blog hopping and stumbled onto your beautiful blog.
ReplyDeleteAwesome post...!
Happy to note that you have blogged about Conolly's plot and the teak museum. I also have blogged about these historic tourist attractions in Nilambur.
Sorry to hear that you have found the hot weather uncomfortable. This time of the year is like this here, hot and sweaty.
All the best and continue blogging.
Visit my blogs too and feel free to scribble some comments.
Thanks
Rajiv
http://www.magnificentdewdrops.blogspot.com
http://www.magicalpresent.blogspot.com
http://www.oruvishupponpulari.wordpress.com