First day of training was fun & funny. We met a lot of wonderful teachers and some beautiful children. The kids are AWESOME! They treated us like rock stars. No one told them that my own child doesn't give me treats, blow me kisses, write me letters, or even want to talk me some days.. Oh well they will find out soon enough.
The main facilitator or who I have named Mr.MoveItMoveIt was a a wiggly, jiggly, happy little man. He moved his entire body in the strangest was to make his points. I wanted to video tape him but I thought it may be a bit noticeable so I refrained but I giggled to my self the entire first half of the session.
Meet a teacher named Sherzad, with freckles like my Martins, who made me laugh so hard I had tears rolling down my face. Between her & Alyssa I was in stitches.
After tea, yes tea, in the middle of the 97 degree day we went to Connolly Plot. Conolly's Plot is the oldest ManMade Teak Plantation in the world. It is Nilambur's claim to fame. So off we went to walk the entire plantation. Did I mention that it was 97 degrees outside? Humidity is apparently the norm in Nilambur. It was hot & sticky. Regardless, off to Conolly's Plot.
We walked the hanging bridge across the Chaliyar river. The bridge is made of iron bars and ropes.. This links Conolly's Plot to the mainland. It was the only access for us to see the giant teaks planted in 1846. I decided once I walked up all 289 steps that I could have missed the old teak trees because the bridge is terrifying.
I obviously made it through to tell the tale but it was rough going.. I have never been so sweaty in 400 layers of clothing in my life! I was so hot & miserable that I didn't even get a picture of the oldest and largest tree on the plantation. Sorry family. I did manage to catch this guy on the way out -
First day of orientation - check. Teak Plantation - check. First Indian monkey sighting - check.
The main facilitator or who I have named Mr.MoveItMoveIt was a a wiggly, jiggly, happy little man. He moved his entire body in the strangest was to make his points. I wanted to video tape him but I thought it may be a bit noticeable so I refrained but I giggled to my self the entire first half of the session.
Meet a teacher named Sherzad, with freckles like my Martins, who made me laugh so hard I had tears rolling down my face. Between her & Alyssa I was in stitches.
![]() | ||
| Imelda, Sherzad, Me, Kareem, Alyssa, Caroline, Alix, & Mr.MoveItMoveIt... |
We walked the hanging bridge across the Chaliyar river. The bridge is made of iron bars and ropes.. This links Conolly's Plot to the mainland. It was the only access for us to see the giant teaks planted in 1846. I decided once I walked up all 289 steps that I could have missed the old teak trees because the bridge is terrifying.
I obviously made it through to tell the tale but it was rough going.. I have never been so sweaty in 400 layers of clothing in my life! I was so hot & miserable that I didn't even get a picture of the oldest and largest tree on the plantation. Sorry family. I did manage to catch this guy on the way out -
![]() |
| Bartholomew formally, Bart to his click. |
First day of orientation - check. Teak Plantation - check. First Indian monkey sighting - check.






No comments:
Post a Comment