Saturday, October 6, 2012

Leaving on a Jet Plane..

Who knew? Who knew how weepy I would be leaving the US on this amazing life changing adventure? I was in the airport going through the security and could not stop the tears. Then I prayed to God to send me a sign that I had made the right decision and to help me get myself together. Exactly five minutes later I see William Kellibrew aka BamBam my brother's friend from childhood. He was so happy to see me that it made my day completely. I stopped crying said hello and began to chat him up about my brother Tony's new wife & new baby. 
Tony - Ada - Franzi


This shook it up for me. It was a break in the clouds...at least until I got to the gate. I talked to a friend that made me feel more blue. Not purposely, mind you, I just felt like I was needed at home more than I needed to be away. I wanted desperately to help everyone before I left but I ran out of time. I was feeling very selfish. The tears started again. Then something amazing happened - I said good bye. I got off the phone. I wiped my face and sat for a minute. Quiet. I sent a text to a friend that is so straight forward and politically incorrect - on purpose. This person encourages me to be selfish more often, a little naughty, and makes me howl like a monkey with laughter. My phone rang and just like that I was laughing.. I was back on the right track.

I feel loved.  I want to spread this love. I feel like I am doing the right thing. I need to give something to people with a higher level of need. I feel free.



No comments:

Post a Comment