Sunday, November 25, 2012

My Temporary Home Away From Home.

Ahh.. Layla's HomeStay. Praise God for AC! But I digress..

I share the second floor of an Indian household with a woman from the UK named Caroline, her younger cousin Alyssa from St.Louis, Missouri, and a few gekkos. The first one, I am naming Stanley. There is also Jerome, Gabrielle, their baby Abigail, and a friend of the family that I call Sven. Sven only visits on Wednesdays after 4pm. He has things to do.  Stanley, the G Crew, and I have mutual respect for the others personal space. I almost forget, there is also Stanley's companion Ira the gekko from downstairs. They meet just outside my bedroom door on the staircase wall - in the night. Make of it what you will, I hold no judgement.

I have my dance space & they have their dance space. Never a twine shall meet.
In other words - Don't come for me Stanley. I'm mean with a Nike flip flop when I am afraid..

Stanley



Our driver and arranger Yousaf comes to pick us up for our first official day in Nilambur.


Yousaf


We were supposed to go out and run errands today to prepare for our stay before the three days of training tomorrow. Up early & out only to find out that the shop keepers had all gone on strike. Not one shop was open. That meant no Indian mobile phone, no hand soap, or toilet paper for some teachers! But guess who had TP on the stash from the hotel? ALESHA, that's who. You say stealing I say proper planning.  So a day with things to do but no real work can be done. Back to the home stay to soak up the ac & play with the GCrew.

Terrace door.


Or maybe I'll get a baby nap..




No comments:

Post a Comment